Certainly, your safety on Tinder is a priority, so it is okay to block someone you don’t want to watch within your dating experience. Whether you’ve just encountered some nuisance attention or you’re just determined to retain control over your online experience, blocking someone on Tinder is quite an easy process.
Learning to block someone on Tinder gives you an upper hand over who can interact with you. In this article, you’ll learn how to secure your dating experience by blocking anyone on Tinder.
Why would we want to block someone on Tinder?
Blocking someone on Tinder can result for several reasons: your online safety to maintaining a positive dating experience. Here are some reasons that may drive you to block someone on Tinder.
- To cut off unwanted attention. This is especially true if you’re uncomfortable interacting with someone or they’ve sent you messages beyond your boundaries. Blocking them is an effective solution.
- Facing harassment. Blocking them is a great way to end such nuisance, whether someone is showing aggressive behavior, persistent messaging, or resulting in offensive content.
- You just feel incompatible with the matcher. Sometimes, it’s normal to feel incompatible with someone, even after matching. To avoid a future rematch with someone you’ve differing values, interests, or relationship goals, the best way is by blocking them.
- You want to maintain privacy. Keeping a certain level of privacy in your dating experience on Tinder is okay. When you block someone, you simply limit any linkup with them.
- Ending communication. Ending a relationship is okay once you realize things are working as planned. Blocking someone can signal the end of the relationship.
Block Tinder for teens with FlashGet Parental Control
Today, kids can easily access inappropriate dating apps, and Tinder is no exception. One thing you don’t want to happen with your kid is them being exposed to online strangers and that’s why it is essential to restrict the type of apps your kid is accessing. An excellent way of achieving this is using a third-party app blocker such as FlashGet Kids: parental control app.
The FlashGet Kids: parental control app includes a powerful App Blocker feature to ensure your kids’ maximum safety online. So, if you’re concerned about your kids accessing Tinder on their devices, you may consider using FlashGet Kids to block such apps. Leave nothing to chance; download and install the app today. This will ensure your kids can access secure online interactions and digital experiences.
How to block someone on Tinder?
Blocking someone on Tinder is a straightforward process and an effective way of maintaining a comfortable and safe online experience. You gain full control over anyone you deem a nuisance by preventing further interactions. Here are simple steps to block someone on Tinder.
Block phone contacts
Step 1: Open Tinder and tap your “profile” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Tap the “Settings” gear and select “Block Contacts.”
Step 3: Grant Tinder permission to access your contacts.
Step 4: Under the “Contacts” tab, select people you want to avoid from your contact list. Then block them.
Block other Tinder users
Another way of blocking someone on Tinder who’s not necessarily on your contact list is by unmatching them. When you choose to unmatch, Tinder removes them automatically from your matches list. Your previous conversation will also be deleted, and they won’t be able to interact with you on this app again. Remember, there’s no way to reverse this action, so make sure you’re decided before initiating this action.
- Tap the “Speech bubble” at the bottom right corner to navigate to “Conversations.”
- Open the conversation with the person you do not want to match.
- Tap the “Shield icon” in your screen’s upper right corner.
- A pop-up menu showing “Safety Toolkit” will pop up and select “Unmatch from“
Confirm that you want to “Unmatch from” to initiate the block.This will disconnect your profiles, and the other Tinder users will be blocked from contacting or seeing your profile.
How to unblock someone on Tinder?
The steps to unblock someone are similar to that of blocking contacts. Tap the “Settings” gear, and select “Unblock Contacts”. Then choose each blocked contact you wish to unblock. You can also tap the menu icon in the top-right corner and “Unblock All.”
What happens if I block someone on Tinder??
Blocking someone on Tinder has various notable consequences, focusing on ensuring your continued privacy and comfort within the app.
- No more communication. The blocked person won’t be able to send messages or initiate any communication with you.
- An attempt to match with you will fail.
- Your profile will be invisible to them. Also, they can’t view your bio or updates.
- Reciprocal blocking. Since the block is mutual, you, too, won’t be able to see the activities of the blocked person.
- Accessible chat history. Blocking someone does not result in erasing past messages; you can still view your previous chat history with that person. If you don’t want to see the archived chat history, consider deleting them manually.
The blocking feature on Tinder is user-friendly and designed to help users have full control over their online interaction, thus offering a secure online dating experience. Moreover, Tinder does not send a notification to someone when you block them. However, the blocked person may infer your block when they realize a sudden communication halt and profile invisibility.
What other way can I hide my profile on Tinder?
Blocking on Tinder is an effective way of avoiding seeing someone, but that is not the only privacy tool available. The app’s setting supports other options to hide from your dating pool besides the blocked list.
Remember if someone is seeing you on Tinder, chances are that your “Discovery” is turned on and the good news is that you can still turn it off and hide your profile. Turning off Discovery means that only people you’re matched with can see your profile but hidden from others. By doing so, the uncontracted profiles will be hidden on your side.
You may also consider turning on the Incognito mode which is keen to turn off your Discovery mode but this time you can still access the app.
Both the Incognito and Discovery modes are available in your Tinder app. If you’re looking forward to going incognito or hiding your profile, kindly follow the simple steps below.
- Step 1: Tap the profile icon to its menu.
- Step 2: Choose the “Setting icon” located at the upper side of your screen.
- Step 3: Select “Incognito” to switch it on.
- Step 4: Tap the slide gear to toggle on your “Enable Discovery” or “Disable Discovery”.
How many people can I block on the Tinder app?
There is no specified number of people you can block on Tinder. You can block as many people as you want if they are bothersome in your online dating experience. However, features and policies keep changing, so it’s recommended to check the official Tinder resources for updated information regularly.
Why do I still see someone after I block the person on Tinder?
Yes, it is still possible to see someone message you even after you’ve blocked them on Tinder. This can be as a result of one of the following reasons:
1. You’ve not cleared cached information on your device. Tinder app uses your device cookies to effect commands, so you may consider refreshing or restarting the app after blocking someone.
2. Different registration information. If the contact info you use to block someone doesn’t match the info they used to sign up, we won’t be able to stop you from seeing each other. because they signed up for an account using information different from what you provided when blocking them.
3. Technical issues. Although rare to happen, a glitch in the app could be causing the problem. Consider updating the app to the newest version.
In conclusion, blocking someone on Tinder is quite a straightforward and effective way of maintaining your safety and comfort in your online dating experience. While Tinder won’t send the blocked person a direct notification about the block, they can still figure it out, especially when they attempt to send you unsuccessful messages. Besides, an invisible profile picture can also signal a block, but in any case, ensuring your safety and controlled online dating experience should be your priority.